Chapter 28 references: Should you be a public scientist?
- Biba, Erin, “Science Celebrities: Where Are the Women?” The Scientist, May 15, 2017.
- Carroll, Sean, “How to Get Tenure at a Major Research University,” Sean Carroll, March 30, 2011.
- Climate Science Legal Defense Fund, “Perspectives of Scientists Who Become Targets: Michael Mann,” July 20, 2017.
- Greene, Brian, " Put a Little Science in Your Life," The New York Times, June 1, 2008.
- Kalosh, Anne, Interview with Carl Sagan, The Planetarian, Vol 24 No 1, 1995.
- Mann, Michael, “I’m A Scientist Who Has Gotten Death Threats. I Fear What May Happen Under Trump,” Washington Post, December 16, 2016.
- Martinez-Conde, Susana, “Has Contemporary Academia Outgrown the Carl Sagan Effect?” JNeurosci, February 17, 2016.
- Michael E. Mann website
- Schneider, Stephen, "The Roles of Citizens, Journalists, and Scientists in Debunking Climate Change Myths," in Mediarology: The Roles of Citizens, Journalists, and Scientists in Debunking Climate Change Myth.
- Davidson, Keay, Carl Sagan: A Life, Wiley, 2000.
- Revkin, Andrew, "NASA Office Is Criticized on Climate Reports," The New York Times, June 3, 2008
- Researchers, Do You Need Communication Training? Some Answers:, interview with Carol Schadelbauer of Burness Communications, Research Explainer, March 16, 2010