Chapter 10 references: Craft releases that tell your research story
- Abbott, B.P., et al., “GW170817: Observation of Gravitational Waves from a Binary Neutron Star Inspiral,” Physical Review Letters, Vol. 119, October 16, 2017.
- Brody, Jane E., “As Summer Nears, The Mighty Flea Reports for Duty,” The New York Times, 1999.
- DukeHealth, “The ‘Jellyfish’ Vaccines,” July 1, 2001.
- Greenberg, Daniel, Science, Money, and Politics: Political Triumph and Ethical Erosion, University of Chicago Press, 2001.
- Howard Hughes Medical Institute, “The Synapse is a Shotgun,” July 14, 2005.
- Megaconverter 2
- Ruel, Laura, “Eyetracking Points the Way to Effective News Article Design,” USC Annenberg Online Journal, March 12, 2007.
- Sullivan, Walter, “Astronomers Find Cosmic Blowtorch,” The New York Times, April 6, 1978.
- Making Data Meaningful guides for effective presentation of statistics, United Nations Economics Commission for Europe
- Meredith, Dennis, "Baby Got Math," Duke news release, February 13, 2006
- Meredith, Dennis, "Corn Fungus is Nature's Master Blaster," Duke news release, July 26, 2005
- Meredith, Dennis, "How the Neuron Sprouts its Branches," Duke Medical Center news release, December 9, 2005
- Meredith, Dennis, "Monkey Pay-Per-View" Study Could Aid Understanding of Autism," Duke Medical Center news release, January 28, 2005.
- Meredith, Dennis, "Monkeys Consciously Control a Robot Arm Using Only Brain Signals; Appear to "Assimilate" Arm as if it Were Their Own," Duke Medical Center news release, October 13, 2003
- Meredith, Dennis, "P[acman] Permits Precise Placement of Prodigious DNA," (Rewritten to "Genes Large or Small, P[acman] Places Then All"), Howard Hughes Medical Institute news release, November 30, 2006
- Meredith, Dennis, "Researchers Discover 'Doorways' into Brain Cells," Duke Medical Center news release, October 23, 2002
- Meredith, Dennis, "'Reset Switch" for Brain Cells Discovered," Duke Medical Center news release, October 29, 2003
- Meredith, Dennis, "The Calculating Brain: New Studies suggest That Neurons Are Built to Perform Simple Arithmetic," Howard Hughes Medical Institute news release, November 20, 2006
- Quinn, Helen, " Belief and Knowledge—a Plea About Language," Physics Today, January 2007, p 8
- Schneider, Stephen Mediarology: The Roles of Citizens, Journalists, and Scientists in Debunking Climate Change Myths