Chapter 12 references: Produce effective research photography
- Alison Courses, "Photography"
- Dean, Cornelia, "She Calls it 'Phenomena.' Everyone Else Calls It Art," The New York Times, June 12, 2007
- "Felice Frankel," Nature EdCast, November 17, 2009
- Frankel, Felice Envisioning Science: The Design and Craft of the Science Image, MIT Press, 2004.
- Frankel, Felice and Whitesides, George On the Surface of Things: Images of the Extraordinary in Science, Chronicle Books, 1997
- Frankel, Felice, "Getting You to Look," illustrated presentation at the New York Academy of Sciences, March 22, 2006
- Frankel, Felice, Photographing Science slide show, The New York Times, June 12, 2007
- Long, John, Ethics in the Age of Digital Photography, National Press Photographers Association
- Macroscopic Solutions photomacrography system
- National Geographic Photo Tips
- Nikon MicroscopyU tutorials on microphotography and imaging
- PetaPixel, "The Best Free Online Photography Courses and Tutorials"
- Photography tips and tutorials from Photo.net
- Tirosh, Udi, "The Comprehensive Guide to Macro Photography," DIY Photography
- Top online photography courses from Online Courses Review
Exemplary image galleries
Slide show, photo album and slide-sharing software
Panoramic image software and examples