Chapter 27 references: Should you be a public scientist?
- Burkholder, Joann, "Central Essay in Uncertain Ground: The Boundary Between Science and the Press," Module X, Science and the Media: Ethical Issues, North Carolina State University
- Davidson, Keay, Carl Sagan: A Life, Wiley, 2000.
- Greene, Brian, " Put a Little Science in Your Life," The New York Times, June 1, 2008
- Kalosh, Anne, Interview with Carl Sagan, The Planetarian, Vol 24 #1, 1995
- Revkin, Andrew, "NASA Office Is Criticized on Climate Reports," The New York Times, June 3, 2008
- Researchers, Do You Need Communication Training? Some Answers:, interview with Carol Schadelbauer of Burness Communications, Research Explainer, March 16, 2010
- Schneider, Stephen, "The Roles of Citizens, Journalists, and Scientists in Debunking Climate Change Myths," in Mediarology: The Roles of Citizens, Journalists, and Scientists in Debunking Climate Change Myth
- Zinman, John, Public Knowledge: The Social Dimension of Science, Cambridge University Press, 1968